Sunday, March 31, 2013

1917 Feb 26 - Conference Continues

Feb 26 1917 - Monday

After breakfast we got ready for church again, which was Priesthood. It started at ten am & was held until 4:30 pm, only 6 1/2 hours is all. That's not too bad for one meeting is it? But I never got tired of it one minute. All we missionaries bore our testimonies & then Pres Monson spoke for four hours to us in speaking, answering our questions & telling us what we should not do & what we should do. I would give anything if I could only talk like he can. But I hope to grow.

I came home & there was a telephone call waiting for me, it was from Clowdy Blair who was determined to have me come over to her place and & spend the evening, but I was unable to go, as we were all invited to another place, so I excused myself & thanked her , but she made me promise I would call on her before I leave. Sunday she gave me her picture & then she told me what she thought of me. I told her she ought not to feel that way over me, for I am an Elder sent out here to preach the Gospel only. She said she knew but she couldn't help thinking that of me ever since she first met me. I told her to forget such nonsense but she said she couldn't. I thought to myself, your cause is just but I can do nothing for you.

At 7:30 pm all of us Elders went down to Mrs. Coonrades, to the place where the two missionary girls stay, to spend the evening & we sure did enjoy ourselves. They served us ice cream & cake, & just before we left, which was 9:30, Mrs Coonrade came & whispered to me & said I could have the freezer to clean. I winked at one of the Elders to come & we stepped out in the kitchen & the three girls & us two guys sure did make pigs of ourselves. It was the first time I have really felt at home since I've been out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment