Sunday, July 8, 2012

1917 Feb 22 - Presidents Day

Feb 22 1917 Thurs

I spent the forenoon in talking to the new Elders who came in to conference and then it was George Washington's Birthday, so in the afternoon we all went to the show, the tickets were 5cents and at night we held a meeting at Griffin's place. But I spent most of the time keeping the cockroaches off from me during the meeting for they sure had me going some. They are about the same size as a spider and their house is just full of them. I would sit and watch them crawl around on the wall, when all at once one got on my neck and oh my I could hardly sleep, thinking they were still on me. After the meeting we went down for the mail and then Elder Lymon and I went up to the dancing hall and watched them cake walk for a prize. It was sure some dance. We then came home and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment