Sunday, June 17, 2012

1917 Feb 21 - 104 Tracts

Feb 21, 1917 Wed

After breakfast I wrote a letter to LaVern and a card to Olga. I then studied until noon and after dinner I went to the post-office where I received a letter from LaVern. After that we went out tracting which was sure great sport. One old lady took my tract, went back in the house and I turned to go when the door opened like a shot and the old lady came and out and said

you Mormon! and said take these tracts back and shook her fist in my face. I don't want such trash around my house. I am 70 years old and I know all about you. I say take these tracts, take them, take them and then she slammed the door in my face.

I couldn't get a word in edgewise but I took it as a joke and laughed. In my travels I got rid of 104 tracts so that was not so bad. After supper the two girls and us 4 Elders went out visiting some Saints and also Mr. Andrews and family. He was sure some talker.

No comments:

Post a Comment