Sunday, April 21, 2013

1917 Mar 2 - New Companion (Shumway)

March 2,2,2,2,2,2,2nd 1917 Fri

My birthday. I am 24 years old today. Little did I think on my 23rd birthday that on my 24th birthday I would be out in the world alone, 4,000 miles from home. Some birthday this is for me but I have felt pretty good, for I received a picture of Mother & Father & one of Nora, which was a dear present to me. All day I have been out visiting Saints, as that was better than staying home & becoming homesick. In the evening Elder Shumway, Weaver, [Lamberg], myself & the girls went out to Mrs Howards. Spent 3 hours with her. Had a very nice time. came home & went to bed for the first time to sleep with my new companion, Elder Shumway, with whom I am to labor with from now on, & I believe I will like him fine, for he is a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment