Sunday, June 3, 2012

1917 Feb 14 - First Letter from Home

Feb 14, 1917 Wed

After breakfast we studied until about 11 am. I went and called for my suit which was being cleaned and pressed. I came back, had dinner, called for mail, in which I received a letter from LaVern, the first I have received since I left home, just one month to the day. I also received my cheque from headquarters which was 25 bones.

We then went down for our big time on the skating rink. It was the first time I had been on skates for 6 years, but we all were about alike at it. We had a dandy time, had our pictures taken five times while on the ice, by our missionary girls who were also skating.Elder Lymon fell down and cut his face quite bad. He had to go to the doctor, who put two stitches in the cut.

After supper the six of us went out and visited Mrs. Suprises, a woman with 4 daughters (that's where the Elders shine, so we are told). At ten pn we came home and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment