Sunday, June 3, 2012

1917 Feb 16 - Smashed Hats

Feb 16, 1917 Fri

I studied until noon and then Elder Weaver made a date for the two girls, Elder Lymon and myself to go out to Miss Maud Da-Saw, who has been sick for two years, to sing to her, of which we did after dinner. We sang for her for about 2 hours and she sure enjoyed. She is not a member of our faith, but she seems quite interested. After we left there, we came home, cleaned up, had supper and then we had our time - the three girls LaRue, Lois, Eva, Savoy and Elder Lymon and myself walked out three miles to visit some investigators. Elder Weaver and Hatch were already out there - they went out during the time we were out singing.

Laugh, I thought I would just die, for I have never laughed so much in all the time I have been out here. The snow was only about two feet deep and we had a narrow path to follow that led us over the hills and around the mountain to the place. It was dark and we couldn't see very good and if we piled up once on our backs we did twenty times, and coming home Elder Hatch and Lymon mashed both their hats in by falling on them. The girls sure did act crazy and of course we boys didn't do anything at all. It was the best time I have had since I left home, but I was glad to hit the bed when we got back after walking six miles on such a bad road, but it was sure funny the way we would all be on our backs before you could bat your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment