Monday, May 28, 2012

1917 Feb 11 - First Sunday

Feb 11, 1917 Sunday

This morning I got up early, had a bath and cleaned up. Did some studying and went to church at 10 am to fire up the place and get it warm. We held Sunday school at 2 pm and at 3 pm we held meeting in which I had to speak. They gave me the first chance, for they said I was the new Elder, for they all wanted to hear the new Elder talk, so I did. I spoke on the life of Joseph Smith and how glad I was to have a chance to be out here for the cause of my faith. After meeting I came home, had supper and wrote a letter to Ann and Roy Jettis, we then went out and spent the evening at Sister Blair's place. The lady missionary girls met with us and we sure had a fine time. We sang everything we knew of and some we didn't know too. At 10 30 pm left and went and called for mail. Came home and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment