Monday, May 28, 2012

1917 Feb 9 - Tracting

Feb 9, 1917 Fri

After breakfast for the first time in my life I went out with Elder Hatch & Elder Lymon tracting. The first house I went to I was shaking like a leaf. I suppose it was due to such cold weather. The second house I got turned down. The lady said no thanks, I wouldn't spend my time reading such stuff. I thanked her for her answer and went on talking until I made her feel foolish for what she had said and at last she took the tracts and promised she would read them, being that I was so good natured about it. I distributed 30 tracts. I was never asked in the house once. I was then so cold, I decided I would go home.
Had dinner, called for mail, went and called on some of the sick and at night Elder Lymon and the Lady missionary girls and myself went to visit a family. Had some time, gee it was cold, snow ablowing to beat old harry, but we got our fill on candy and pop-corn. I ate till I thought I would die. Came home and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment