Monday, May 21, 2012

1917 Feb 2 - New York

Feb 2, 1917 Fri

I had my first breakfast with the Elders, Batchlars, and it was some meal, mush and bread and butter, but I didn't care as I knew it was near on to dinner time and then I could go downtown and have a square meal. After breakfast we went out sight-seeing. They took us down to the museum of Natural Art and of History and it was sure great. I saw the bones of a Great Amphibious Demosaur Bontosaurus [sic], 66 ft 2 inches long, 15 ft 8 inches tall, weight 40 tons. At night we went to a show called (Have a Heart), (but a song, have a heart) and one You said something when you said you loved me.

[Transcriber's Note: Sometimes the punctuation and spelling from the entries can be inconsistent or incorrect, but the meaning is usually clear. This passage was particularly difficult to interpret, but it has been transcribed exactly as it was written.]

No comments:

Post a Comment