Sunday, May 5, 2013

1917 Mar 7 - Met the Mayor

Mar 7 1917 Wed

After breakfast we came back to the room, got our tracts all ready & our books & went out to break the ice, and it just went fine. I was invited in to several homes & had twelve Gospel Conversations, sold two books, distributed 28 pamphlets & tracts and four Liahonas, quite a nice day's work. It took me about 6 hrs to do that much work. It was sure funny one place, I found an old lady out feeding her chickens, so I went out to the hen house & we had a dandy talk for half an hour. She thought so much of me that she called me dearie once. Some class, when you can get to talk tot them in a hen house.

We also called on the City Father this morning (the Mayor). He treated us very nice & he wished us all good success in our labors & told us to got ahead and preach as much as we pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment