Sunday, May 26, 2013

1917 Mar 9 - Tongue Tired

Mar 9 1917 Fri

I take great pleasure in putting down today's work in this book, for it has been another day of success. I have been lucky enough to sell my first Book of Mormon today. I sold it to Mr. & Mrs. Fred Montroy, 28 Russell St. They treated me very nice, told me we were welcome to come & see them any time & also welcome to come & have dinner or supper or breakfast with them, and even come & stay overnight if we felt so desired. I thought it was real nice of them to treat us so. I promised we would come & spend an evening with them & sing for them by so doing we might win a home you see, ha ha.

In my day's work I also distributed 75 tracts, visited 33 homes & had 15 conversations, 11 invitations into their homes. I feel I have done well today, but I get so awfully tired walking around so much, and not only that, but I sometimes feel as though my tongue needs a little oil once in a while, so it gets tired talking so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment