Sunday, May 5, 2013

1917 Mar 8 - More Tracting

Mar 8 1917 Thurs

To day has been another day of success. I distributed about 60 tracts, I had eighteen conversations & had 17 conversations into their homes, and as a whole the people treated me swell. Once lady, after I had talked to her awhile, telling her what I believed to be wrong & right & what I was out her for & of my loved ones I left at home & myself out here in the world, a wandering boy alone, friendless & homeless, it reached her heart & she broke down & cried, said she wished all the boys were as good as me & felt as I do and this world would be a far better world today.

When I left she asked me to call & see her again, for she would be glad to have me call on her any time. I thanked her & left. Told her I would call again. Some class when you can get them to cry for you at your first visit to them. But such is missionary life. I worked six hours tracting & spent in four hours studying. I sure do get tired walking around so much, but it is enjoyment to me as long as I feel I am doing some good or kindness to someone else beside yourself. To have a kind word or a kind thought with someone that might start or lead to the straight and narrow path.

No comments:

Post a Comment